Any current opportunities will be advertised on this page, our facebook page and in the local media.
Please see vacancies below
- Excavator Operators
- Civils Foreman / Chargehand
- Apprentice Civil Engineer/Lab Technician
Job Description – This Apprenticeship includes in house training alongside completion of a NHC course in Civil Engineering at UHI Inverness on block release. As an apprentice engineer you will be involved in vast majority of projects including various setting out/surveying operations, preparation of drawings, health, safety and environmental paperwork, measuring of material quantities and quarry materials testing.
- Someone who is enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Someone who can work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Good communication skills and able to build working relationships.
- Be self-motivated.
- National 5 in Maths and English
Desirable (but not essential)
- Full UK driving licence.
- Higher grade C or above in Maths (alternative access routes to college available if hey applicant does not hold a grade C in Higher Maths)
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD
- A working knowledge of Microsoft software such as Word, Excel and Project.
Please send your CV to
John Gunn & Sons Ltd